Wednesday, January 5, 2011

White Christmas

We headed back to our house Christmas Eve to attend our church's Christmas Eve service.  Sterling attended with us and let me just tell you our little chatter box was much easier to take into church before he began speaking.  We are going to have to start working on learning to sit and be quiet.  He made little comments during the whole service, but the funniest part was when Alex got up to say his little five minute part of the service.  He talked about his favorite Christmas memory which he said was this Christmas.  Apparently he talked about getting to watch Sterling really start to understand what Christmas is all about.  He talked about doing our advent tree every night and getting to hear Sterling tell us the gospel.  Apparently it was a tear-jerker, I hardly heard a word.  He got up from sitting beside us and Sterling started telling him to come back.  He kept saying "Daddy come back and sit on the couch with us, Daaaaddddddy-come-back"  I tried everything to distract him and keep him quiet.  We eventually had to step out for a few minutes and on our way out Sterling heard Alex mention the ornaments for the advent tree and started saying "I wanna put the ornament on the tree Daddy!!"  It was really pretty funny.  At the end everyone on staff and their families came up to the front to light the Christ candle and everyone lit those little candles they do for Christmas Eve candlelight services.  Sterling kept saying "Blow out the candle".  He loves blowing them out and that was his favorite time during advent was getting to blow out our own advent candles.















Sterling woke up the next morning of course enjoying getting to open up presents.  Nanie and Pop came to watch him and by the time we had all had breakfast it was snowing outside.  We had so much fun playing in the snow, Sterling loved it!!  We had a bit of a crisis during the snow festivities.  My camera card went crazy.  I don't know if it was the cold or what, but I was so worried that I had lost the whole day.  Thankfully I found a program that fixed it so that I can share them with you.

2 comments:

Jenny Beth said...

such great pictures bethany!!! looks like yall had a wonderful christmas!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I love ALL of the pictures from all recent posts. Such a beautiful family!!