What do I say about the past two years. You have turned our world upside down in the most wonderful way. What a privilege it is to be your mother. I can't imagine life without your sweet smile and big squeezes. You have such a caring heart and you are already fulfilling your name by being everyone's protector. Just today at Lowe's you made sure that Daddy was being careful while checking out with his cart of lumber.
You are our little chatter box and we love listening to all of the funny things that you say. You love being around others and I really think you are turning into quite the extrovert, something totally foreign to mommy.
We have watched you go from a crawling baby in a highchair to a big boy doing all the things that big boys love to do. You race (and crash) your cars, "bwiwd a tunnel", play ball, build train tracks and roads. You love to read and you always want to "Let Mommy do it" or "Let Daddy do it." You sleep in your big boy bed and wear big boy underwear.
You are becoming such a wonderful helper around the house, and I know you will be the most amazing big brother. Ann Elizabeth will be the luckiest girl in the world. It's amazing how much you love her already, you are so ready for her to get here!
But the most amazing thing has been to watch your heart this year. Daddy and I can both see the Lord doing a work in you, teaching you Truth. God has given you an incredible memory and we love seeing how he allows you to recall His Truth and His Word.
We are praying that you never know a day that you didn't love Jesus. Our God is so gracious to us in that He is the one who calls us out of our sin and darkness, not leaving it up to ourselves (which would be impossible). That truth is so encouraging to this mother's heart, because I know that the Lord will choose to begin that work when He so chooses, and we are praying fervently that He is beginning it even now. As I see your heart desire to be kind and take care of others, as I see you delight in reading and memorizing God's Word, as I see your heart repent after discipline, I see Christ beginning His good work in you and my heart rejoices.
I love you with all of my heart my sweet son. You have been a baby every mother dreams about, and more wonderful than I could have ever imagined.
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!
With all of My Love,
Mommy
| "The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him. Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice." Proverbs 23:24-25 |
3 comments:
Happy Birthday handsome Sterling!!! May God fulfill His plans for your life!
Happy Second Birthday precious boy! I thank God for blessing our lives with you!!! So grateful to get to really be a part of your little life so far!
What beautiful words, Bethany. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us, and so thankful for your precious boy!!
Post a Comment