I was looking on the Toms website the other day. I have never purchased a pair, but I love the fact that they give a pair to a child in need with every purchase. I saw on pinterest that they were going to start making ballet flats. I found out from the site that they will not be coming out until the Spring of this year, but while I was there I saw that they sell Toms for little feet.
I needed some casual, yet not tennis, shoes for Sterling so I was going to buy them. Then I remembered that my sister, Tori, who is a Toms fanatic, was still looking for something to get Sterling for his B-Day (they haven't gotten to see us since before his big day). So I decided to let her get them for him. It seemed only fitting to me that they be from her given she does just about every project she can in fashion school on the company.
They are quite adorable on him. I mean how could those not be cute on a little boy!
I was telling Sterling how, because he has a pair of Toms, now some little boy or girl who doesn't have shoes to wear will have them. . .
. . . and Alex and I both thought at the same time, what if your little brother or sister is given a pair! I got teary trying to explain the concept of that to our 3-year-old. After the conversation Alex said, "What if the only thing he or she leaves the orphanage with is a pair of Toms." I know that is a stretch and they probably wouldn't let our child leave with any clothes that aren't brought with us. (Although don't think if that child
does have Toms in the orphanage I won't try to trade the brand new ones I bring over for him for his old ones.) Either way, Sterling's shoes are a constant reminder for me to be in prayer for our child's basic needs to be met each day.
One for One
New update below on the Adoption front if you haven't seen it. We sent in our application, finally!! Read how God provided!
2 comments:
What a precious post. And I can't wait to read the one below . . .
Thanks for the potty training advice. :) I know we'll eventually get there. And LOVE a little boy in TOMS. I've been meaning to get Isaac some but have forgotten. Thanks for the reminder. Excited for ya'll and your adoption journey--it's always so great to hear how God provides.
Post a Comment