I am the world's WORST at getting pictures developed. I inherited this problem from my mother. She like me loves to take pictures. Mom was always so great about getting multiple copies of pictures so that anyone could have them, but I remember taking a big paper bag full of film to be developed that was months worth of picture taking.
Being in a digital age, I appreciate being able to take more pictures as well as only having to develop the ones that I want. But it also creates a problem. There are thousands of pictures to go through! I mean I can take a couple hundred pictures in a few minutes, and since they are all digital I hate deleting them if they are half good. At least I try to limit my packrattedness to kilobytes, right? I have got to come up with an organizational plan for my digital pictures.
So I was thinking the other day that I really needed to update some of my picture frames, because I don't think I have had a picture printed for myself in about a year. I know that is sad, but I am just being honest.
So today I saw that Walgreens was running a deal on prints and you could get 20 prints free. I generally think that is not that much, less than a roll, but I have to remind myself that I am just trying to fill up frames and Sterling's baby book. Twenty is a lot of frames! So I got myself together as the deal only lasts 24 hours. (If you are reading this on Wednesday you should still be able to get it.)
I went to pick up my pictures and it was great to just walk away with them. No tax, no nothing, completely free. I decided some of them I would prefer in black and white or needed a little editing, but they were free. So I am trying to make a commitment to print more pictures. At least enough to fill up an album. And that means I have to go through pictures and pick favorites what a difficult task!
2 comments:
Oh man, I wish I had read this earlier.. I don't think Dale will let me go to Walgreens at 10:30pm. Oh well! But I do know what you mean about being digitally overwhelmed. I haven't printed a single photo since Novemeber. That's sad!
I ordered my pictures online and picked them up in the store. I'm guessing as long as you ordered them tonight they would still be free. You have to use the code PRINTS20
Post a Comment