Thursday, October 8, 2009

9 Months Old!

Sterling celebrated his nine month birthday this week! He is 24lbs 2oz (91st %ile) and 30 inches long (93rd %ile) He is a growing boy!! But before you start thinking that you may see him as a Crimson Tide lineman, you should know that he got those thunder thighs honestly. His mommy and daddy had those same fat legs as babies. Actually, he his height and weight have been very close to Alex's as a baby, so I'm not counting on that football scholarship coming in, at least not for a linebacker, I'm thinking he will have more of a wide receiver's build.

Sterling is starting to crawl around more. He has become much more interested in the activity, so we have been trying to make sure that we keep everything off of the floor. He is also starting to pull up. He's been experiencing lots of new foods and loves when give him finger-foods because he can feed himself. He still has a sweet disposition and will usually go to anyone. He is saying "mama" now instead of whining it, waving "bye-bye," saying "dada," and he gives the sweetest slobbery kisses!

I am so amazed at how much baby's this age can comprehend. I think we don't give them near enough credit. I am really learning as we are working on obedience, that he really does understand the majority of what I say to him. On that note, we are seeing more of his personality come out as we discipline him. He really wants to please and even though he is not usually happy when we tell him "no" he is usually compliant without having to tell him twice.

What a blessing Sterling has been to us these nine months. Sometimes, we sit and wonder what we did without our sweet boy!





I look just like my Daddy in these pictures!



Photobucket

1 comment:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Bethany, you have a gorgeous little man on your hands! Can't wait till we get to see you guys in person. until then, keep the pictures coming! You are a great photographer . . . but wouldn't expect anything less considering from the families you belong to :)