I can't believe Sterling has been here for four whole weeks. Then again sometimes it feels like he has always been here. Sterling continues to grow each day in so many ways. He continues to get bigger and bigger every day. He was 8lbs 15oz at his 2 week check up and he has definitely grown since then!
He also started smiling "for real" this weekend. He has been having those gassy smiles since the beginning. However, this Sunday, while Alex and I were getting ready, I yawned while I was talking to him and he smiled really big. So I tried yawning again and he gave another big smile. It melted my heart and entertained us all morning. Unfortunately, that trick doesn't work anymore. I guess he got board of it; however, he does still enjoy smiling at us. We are trying to catch one with the camera. We will post it when we do!
We also have been blessed for the past several nights to have Sterling sleeping through the night! He has been sleeping for at least six hours. I had heard that giving babies a bottle of formula before bed helps them sleep longer. I tried that several nights with no luck. Then I was told to try nursing him then giving him a bottle as well. That has done the trick! Hopefully this pattern will continue.
2 comments:
I can't believe that Sterling is 4 weeks old, and I still haven't held him yet! He is so beautiful, Bethany! Thank you for the update and pictures. I will have to come to your house soon!
I love you!
Katie
Hey, it was me, Katie, who wrote the above. I was at Mom and Dad's and could not sign in with my name, hints the "anonymous". Love you guys and can't wait to see you and your little man!
Post a Comment