Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day!!

Wow, it has been a fun day.  It is not very often that we get to experience snow in Alabama.  It seems like this year is the exception though.  This will actually be the first time we have taken Sterling out while it was snowing.  It seems that he is always sleeping while the snow is falling and I hate to wake him up thinking it will last until he wakes.  Today we did not miss our opportunity.

My Dad and sisters were coming so I decided to put Sterling down for an early nap.  Of course as soon as I did the snow started falling.  After a little while of seeing that he was not going to sleep I ran in and got him dressed.  Of course Sterling didn't mind and we had a fun time playing (or looking at the snow).  Since he doesn't walk yet, there was not much playing he could do.  I didn't want to sit him down in it without any waterproof pants.  However, there was some snowball fighting before we went in. 

Now, Sterling is enjoying a fun weekend with KiKi, Colonel, and the gang, and Alex and I are enjoying our first weekend to ourselves.  (Sterling has spent the night away, but there has always been a reason for it, usually we were on a trip with the students.)  Hopefully, I can get some organizing and "spring" cleaning done.  Maybe we can even sneak in a movie.  Someone from the church gave us gift cards to the movies for Christmas, and I think they will be used this weekend. 
This makes me think of The Sound of Music.  Look at those sweet eyelashes!
I had to run by the store today and was amazed by the breathtaking views!!  I wished I had carried along my camera.  Of course that wouldn't have been very safe, so I guess it is good that I didn't!

Thank you Father for SEASONS!!

1 comment:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Wonderful pictures! Enjoy your weekend with your Valentine!