Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Aniversary

My mom is keeping Sterling today so I am trying to get some updates out as well as some things done around the house.  But speaking of my mom, my parents celebrated their 27th Wedding Anniversary!!  Happy Anniversary mom and dad.

It's so sad that so many children grow up without the security that their parents are deeply in love with one another.  To the glory of God, that was not something that my siblings and I had to worry about.
Our parents have always very obviously loved one another.  I also appreciate their honesty with us that I think has helped us have a healthy outlook on marriage.  Love is not being "in love."  If you are "in love" what happens when you are "out of love?"  Marriage is about a choice to stay together no matter what, and putting one another first and not yourself.  True love is denying yourself and putting the others needs above your own.

As part of my dad's job he does marriage conferences and counseling for numerous of soldiers and spouses.  I am so glad that God has put him in the path of so many.  He is highly qualified for such a job because he lives it out at home.  My mother has also been a strong influence in so many young men and women's lives.  Her approach is more subtle, but she is constantly looking for opportunities to remind young people about God's truth.  I can't tell you how many of my friends (not to mention Hillary, Tori, and Jameson's) have heard her speak truth about biblical relationships.  Many of my friends would actually come over to our house just ask her to share wisdom about their own relationship issues. 

Thank you Mom and Dad for being such a testimony of God's Way.  I hope the Lord gives you another 27 years together.

Keep scrolling to see pictures of Sterling!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you my precious daughter! I also hope I have another 27 years with the man of my dreams, but if I do not then at least I had the BEST 27!!! I have so OVER prepared him for those marriage conferences (I know he wonders if he will ever get out of training but he acts like he cherishes every minute)! Even when he is in South Carolina and I have no hot water!!! I am a truly blessed woman!!!!!